Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 16:51:14 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Vasily V. Grechishnikov" <bazilio@economic.acnit.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Broken NetWare 3.12 TCP/IP support ?

			Hi !
	Topology of our LANs :

		      world ( Near router 147.45.142.17)
			^
			|			class C net 193.233.113.0
		FreeBSD box( 2.2-BETA)
		|<-ed0 .1	 | <-ed1 .17
	      LAN0	       LAN1

				 |------NetWare 3.12
				 |  ^ . 19	| <- .50
				 |  	       LAN2

			.18 ed0->|------FreeBSD box( 2.2R)
				 |	 |<-de0 .33    |<- ed1 currently broken
				 -      LAN3	     LAN4

	We have a some problems with LAN2 . Any action from that LAN (ping,ftp,
 i.e) will failed at stage of forwarding packets from LAN1 cable to any
other, but only if on FreeBSD boxes not running routed -s . NetWare 3.12
configred as a router. In the any other LANs, except the LAN2 we haven't any
problems. Primary FreeBSD box ( 2.2-BETA) running as an IP/IPX router ,
primary DNS server, FTP/HTTP server and proxy parent, secondary FreeBSD box
( 2.2RELEASE) running as an IP/IPX router, secondary DNS, FTP/HTTP server,
File ( samba) server and proxy neighbor. On primary FreeBSD box we statically
describes routes to LAN2, LAN3/LAN4 . But if we try to ping from any machine
inside the LAN2 to other we got a results (routed -s not started):
	ping .18 - ok, ping .33 - fail; ping .17 ok, ping .1 fail
routed -s started at primary:
	ping .18 - ok, ping .33 - fail; ping .17 ok, ping .1 ok
routed -s started at secondary too:
	ping .18 - ok, ping .33 - ok; ping .17 ok, ping .1 ok

But ping to out world fails any way. Note ping to near router 147.45.142.17
ok if primary runs routed and fail to other IP address of the
router-147.45.142.50 .

	Any suggestions ?

Thanks , Vasily .

        ******[FreeBSD it is coolest UNIX for PC!]*******
        * System admin , ftp and web master.            *
        * Home Page: http://www.econ.acnit.ac.ru/       *
        * E-mail: bazilio@economic.acnit.ac.ru          *
        * Industrial Economy Departament                *
        * Voronezh State Technical University           *