Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:38:34 -0800
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
Cc:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.mk", line 695: Inconsistent operator for pre-everything

On Sat, 08 Dec 2001 at 16:01:08 -0500, Will Andrews wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 11:57:26AM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> > # pkg_version -L =
> > "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 695: Inconsistent operator for pre-
> > everything
> > make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> >
> > Seems like there's a problem here...
>
> Hmm, that looks interesting.  The pre-everything target it's
> complaining about is this:
>
> .if !target(pre-everything)
> pre-everything:
> 	@${DO_NADA}
> .endif
>
> as opposed to all the others being "pre-everything::".  You and I
> have looked at this before.  I am still uncertain how you manage
> to run into these problems with FreshPorts but nobody else does.  :)

I hate to join in.. but i am having the same issue on 2 box's that have
recent cvsup's (within about 2 hrs of this email).

using a make NOCLEANDEPENDS=yes clean

===>  Cleaning for ja-postgresql-6.5.3
===> japanese/postgresql7
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 695: Inconsistent operator for
pre-everything
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/japanese.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.

I will try deleting port tree on one of them, and try it from scratch,
to see if it helps..

--
Andrew