Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 22:18:51 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        "Atipa" <freebsd@atipa.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "(ML) FreeBSD ISP" <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ISPCON

From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>

>What if FreeBSD, Inc. simply had a booth there and served as a
>rallying point for any FreeBSD based ISPs?  I'm not sure that WC would
>have a tremendous interest in being there, but we certainly would.

A booth is a good start, but I think there should also be a call for
volunteers to hold some number of 1 hour seminars.  I would volunteer to
do a couple, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be a pretty sight. :)

What topics of interest does everyone think we should cover?
- development model
- installation
- administration
- security
- features
- compatibility
- scalability
- ???

I guess it's a matter of finding out the details of what's needed to move
forward with this.  Would FreeBSD, Inc. want to take it from here?  Or
would you like to have someone with some time on their hands to serve as
an organizer?  If the latter, I'm willing to volunteer, though I will
need help with some of the details (like where we could hold after-hours
BOFs and whatnot).

--
    Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
    Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services