Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 1996 15:44:20 -0500
From:      Geoff Sloan <sabre@yiff.stu.rpi.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel EtherExpress

Heya!

	I just purchased Walnut Creek's FreeBSD 2.1 Distribution, and am
having some problems with installation.  My kernel panics and reboots
the system whenever it tries to do anything remotely related to ix0 (My
Intel EtherExpress-16 card)  It panics on the installation.

My system is as follows:

Pentium 166, 256k cache, Triton chipset motherboard
32 megs EDO RAM
2 Western Digital Caviar 1.62 Gig EIDE drives
Intel EtherExpress 16
6x's EIDE drive
Matrox Millenium 4 meg WRAM
Adaptec SCSI adaptor with internal Iomega ZIP. (Zip Zoom interface)

I'm installing FreeBSD on the second "partition" of my second disk.  My
1st drive is solely DOS, and the second is half DOS half FreeBSD.

Any help/fixes you can give me for this problem, I'd greatly appreciate.

Regards,
Geoff Sloan