Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:37:45 -0700
From:      "Evan Geller" <thespin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recursive case in uma?

Hey, I'm writing a small hobby operating system and I'm looking to the UMA
for inspiration. The part I don't understand is the recursive case in
uma_zone_slab(). I'm curious where the memory for vm_map_entries actually
come from if the slabs are all full. It would appear that the null returned
by uma_zone_slab() just carries all the way up and there's a fixed upper
limit of vm_map_entries... or that I don't understand the way the uma works.
Would someone mind clearing this up for me?

Thanks a ton for the help!
Evan