Date:      Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:34:55 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Excessive dependancies for OpenOffice 2.0 port

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:41:31 -0600, David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:14:46AM +0900, NAKATA Maho wrote:
>> In Message-ID: <200511051218.09945@Misha> "Mikhail T."
>> <mi@aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
>> > I'm surprised, you are not objecting to the port's building of its OWN
>> > C and C++ compiler, as well as a bunch of "small" things like STLport,
>> > db4, expat (yes, it depends on it, but builds its own too!),
>> sablotron,
>> > xmlsec, etc. etc.
>>
>> People from Debian and others work VERY VERY hard to maintain
> ..
>
> Unfortunately Mikhail hijacked this thread about runtime dependencies.
> If we can get back to the initial topic :-)
> What functionality does 'devel/gnomevfs2' give us

# cat /usr/ports/devel/gnomevfs2/pkg-descr
The GNOME Virtual File System allows applications and users to treat
any number of file system concepts as a part of the local filesystem.
With GnomeVFS, filesystems across the internet, on connected devices,
and in multiple formats are as simple to access (and write code for)
as any directory on the local machine.

WWW: http://www.gnome.org/

Must be something that allow you to open and save file in VFS.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org