Date:      Sat, 01 Sep 2007 12:45:23 -0400
From:      "Justin Briggs" <jaibriggs@maine.rr.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   HDD Write Errors

So, I recently put a new SATA controller into my PII server and added a =
 =

sata hard drive to it. Whenever I try to copy things over network to it =
in  =

excess of a few hundred megabytes, the system crashes and the terminal  =

output floods with disk errors that say "kernel:  =

g_vfs_done():ad4s1c[WRITE(offset=3D137438969856, length=3D131072)]error =
=3D 6"  =

this message repeats itself infinitely, with the offset value changing. =
My  =

SATA controller is listed in pciconf as "Sil 3512 SATALink/SATARaid  =

Controller". The drive is brand new, and I pasted the output of smartctl=
  =

http://devnull.lunar-linux.org/p/342 there. What could be causing this  =

problem of crashing?

-- =