Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:46:40 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cdrecord with 3.0-CURRENT ...

Morning...

	Can someone tell me what this error means, when I'm trying to
write to my CDR?

%cdrecord -v blank=all
Cdrecord release 1.6 Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Jrg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
cdrecord: Function not implemented. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
scsidev: '0,6,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 6 lun: 0
cdrecord: Cannot do inquiry for CD-Recorder.
cdrecord: Undefined error: 0. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
CDB:  00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

	I'm getting the following in /var/log/messages (and dmesg):

cmd cdrecord pid 15594 tried to use non-present sched_get_priority_max
cmd cdrecord pid 15594 tried to use non-present sched_setscheduler

	cdrecord did work before my last upgrade, with this same drive,
which is why I'm asking on -current also...

	Still investigating at this end...new kernel as of July 16th...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org