Date:      04 Jun 1999 20:44:24 +0200
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@Radio-do.de>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FXTV, Bt848 and AGP cards

    Roger> Does anyone know if you can do the direct Bt848->VGA card
    Roger> DMA transfer with AGP graphics cards with FXTV

    Roger> It is time for me to upgrade and I wanted to know the
    Roger> situation.  I tried it on my cheap SiS 6326 card and it
    Roger> just hung the entire machine.

I did it with my "old" Matrox Milenium II and now with a Matrox G200 AGP
card. In 16bpp no problem at all in 8,24 and 32 bpp modes I have a
shifted image outside the x11 frame. This happens with the SVGA server.

With an Xaccelerated server no problems at all. Of course one has to
use ximages.

XSERVER: 'The XFree86 Project, Inc' v3330,  Protocol Verson 11.0
         Screen Res = 1600x1200, DefDepth = 16; NumScreens = 1
         Bitmap Unit/BitOrder/Pad = 32/LSBFirst/32, Image ByteOrder = LSBFirst

Regards
        Frank
--
 Frank Nobis                            Email: PGP AVAILABLE
 Landgrafenstr. 130                     dg3dcn   http://www.radio-do.de/~fn/