Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:16:16 +0100 (CET)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DVD playback

Hi,

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Nick Sayer wrote:

> I have not read the DMCA. I hope it dies in the courts. Fair use would suggest
> that it would be legal to set up a decrypting service for people's DVDs.

Well, this all is more like wind west than about fairness. We live in a
global village that gets smaller every day and the Hollywood industry
managed with the help of dont know to establish a region system, as they
have it with cinema.

In Monaco, Reading film (?), there are some pages about the history of
Hollywood and courts. There were some antitrust cases in 1946. Precedences
?

H.