Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 05:26:08 -0500
From:      Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Amanda/Archive DAT changer problem solved.

We've finally gotten Amanda working correctly with our Archive 4mm DAT
changer (4586NP).  First, 2.2/3.0 now has the chio SCSI changer code from
NetBSD incorporated.  Second, Amanda 2.3.0.4 from ftp.gps.caltech.edu
includes a seagate-changer program that can control the changer directly
using the chio mechanism.  This has been a long standing problem for us
and just thought that I point it out if somebody else is using a similar
configuration.

Tim
FSCI