Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:05:43 -0800
From:      Darren Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>,  freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Supermicro A1SRi-2758F, no NICs detected

On 1/23/2014 3:30 PM, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
> I just got a Supermicro A1SRi-2758F mainboard (Atom C2758 CPU).  It
> boots FreeBSD 9.2 amd64 just fine, but the kernel doesn't attach a
> driver to any of the four ethernet devices.  The pciconf -lv output
> looks like:
>
> none3@pci0:0:20:0: class=0x020000 card=0x1f4115d9 chip=0x1f418086
> rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
>       vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>       class      = network
>       subclass   = ethernet
>
> The other three differ only by PCI selector: pci0:0:20:1, pci0:0:20:2,
> and pci0:0:20:3.
>
> These are the SoC gigabit controllers on the C2758, which I believe
> makes them i354's.  Some rummaging about in forums tells me support for
> these might be in FreeBSD 10?  Is that the case?  If so, will it be
> backported to 9?

Of course, right after I send the above, I noticed the 10.0-R
announcement.  Loaded up a memstick and 10.0 attached igb to them, so
it's install 10.0 as I type this.  I'm a little uneasy doing .0 release
on brand-new hardware, but we'll see!

I would still like to know if there are plans to backport the i354/C2000
SoC gigabit support in igb to 9.x?