Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2000 12:31:44 PDT
From:      Stephen Hansen <stephen@cerebralmaelstrom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IntelliMouse Explorer extra mouse buttons recognized?

From doing research to get the wheel working, I read in a few places
that XFree86 3.3.6 only supported 5 buttons in the protocol, so the
extra-buttons, 6 and 7, won't work. Not sure if it's true, but hey.

I'm upgraded to XFree86-4, without a hitch (Hm; I think i'm gonna
stop asking questions about now), and theoretically it supports more
buttons... but the only place that I saw that had instructions told me
use a protocol of 'ExplorerPS/2', which tells me that the O/S doesn't
support it.. Em... With 'auto' it finds the wheel, and maybe the extra
buttons, dunno, havn't tried yet :)

--S

"Brandon Fosdick" wrote:

>  Subject: Re: IntelliMouse Explorer extra mouse buttons recognized?
>  Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 13:04:03 -0400
>  From: Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
>  To: Markus Holmberg <markush@acc.umu.se>
>  Cc: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>

>  Markus Holmberg wrote:
>  >
>  > Has anyone successfully had the two extra buttons on the
IntelliMouse