Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2004 02:19:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy@siliconlandmark.com>
To:        sos@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recent ata-pci.c change breaks a7m266-d system (Was: Re:"setrootbyname failed" leads to "ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp" on boot.)

--0-48885919-1083046794=:21538

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:

> (Sources pulled from CVS at Sun Apr 25 16:50:55 UTC 2004, an hour ago).
>
> Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad4s1a
> setrootbyname failed
> ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
> Root mount failed: 6
>
> Manual root filesystem specification:
>                        eg. ufs:da0s1a
>   ?                  List valid disk boot devices
>   <empty line>       Abort manual input
>
> mountroot>

Okay, I found the commit that caused this problem. The following commit
breaks my SMP desktop:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ata/ata-pci.c.diff?r1=1.80&r2=1.81&f=h

Reverting the one line fixes things. I've attached a trivial one-line
patch that reverts the change. Could this be committed?

pciconf -vl: http://bling.properkernel.com/pciconf-vl.txt
dmesg.boot: http://bling.properkernel.com/dmesg.boot.txt

Regards,

> Andre Guibert de Bruet | Enterprise Software Consultant >
> Silicon Landmark, LLC. | http://siliconlandmark.com/    >
--0-48885919-1083046794=:21538
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--0-48885919-1083046794=:21538--