Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:38:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jerry Dunham <jdunham@freeside.fc.net>
To:        bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV (Bruce Mah)
Cc:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey), jgrosch@MooseRiver.com, kevlo@hello.com.tw (Kevin Lo), brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu (Brett Taylor), freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD books (was: Amusing: LinuxCountry site runs on FreeBSD :))

Bruce A. Mah babbled:
> To: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
> Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 00:07:07 -0700

> If memory serves me right, Greg Lehey wrote:
>
> >> If this is correct, this makes little sense. We, the FreeBSD
> >> community, need to bring out our own version of "FreeBSD in a
> >> nutshell". Of course, we can't use that title.
> >
> > Yes, that's one of the things I've been thinking of doing.  How about
> > "The essence of FreeBSD"?  Or "The essential FreeBSD"?
>
> Personally, I like "The Essential FreeBSD".
>
> After reading the first suggestion, the next words that popped into my
> head were "cologne" and "L'Eau de FreeBSD", but that's heading off in a
> way weird direction.  That means it's time for me to stop reading mail
> and go to bed.

I rather like "the Essential FreeBSD", too, but then you'd expect me to
agree with another ex-Atarian and Suzuki rider (or did I get the wrong
Bruce Mah?).

--
Jerry Dunham                     FreeBSD                 Atarian ordinaire
jdunham@fc.net                                           (512)335-0674 (H)

                              E Pluribus Unix