Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:43:34 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@freebsd.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>, Travis Mikalson <bofh@terranova.net>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any successful installs on a Broadcom HT1000 chipset?

Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 07:26 AM 11/21/2007, Barney Cordoba wrote:
>> I've done a bit of research and it seems that this
>> chipset has been ignored for years now by the FreeBSD
>> team. Whats the reasoning for a major chipset used by
>
> I think you are jumping to conclusions.  I have a HT1000 chipset board =

> and have been using it just fine for some time.=20
> (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-November/07992=
0.html)=20

> There obviously are some cases were it does not, so its harder to=20
> track down than just a case of spending $150.  If you do have such a=20
> board that does not work, perhaps make the offer of sending the=20
> problem board to a developer who is interested in fixing the issue.
That would be an excelent idea :)

As usual I'll try to get any ATA/SATA HW that shows up on my doorstep=20
working, thats the deal.
I dont have the means nor the motivation to spend my own hard earned $$=20
on all kinds of HW to get someone out there free support, simple as that.=
=2E

That said, I do have a HT1000 based board around a supermicro H8SSL that =

is used as a busy local fileserver, needless to say it works flawlessly.

So, to get this worked on and hopefully fixed, get me a failing board to =

work on here... private mail with address details etc can be had on=20
request...

-S=F8ren