Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:19:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Conn <cmcbsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wyse terminal questions

Hi, I've got an old Compaq Deskpro P166 that I want
to use as a gateway for my DSL and to run Apache on.
No monitor or keyboard, just a box (my neighbor gave
it to me)!

What I'm thinking now is that I'll borrow a monitor
and keyboard from my other machines to do the initial
installation and then use an old Wyse terminal as my
console (I've read I can configure the kernel to do
this).

What I'm wondering now is when I want to upgrade (say
from 4.1 to 4.2) can I use the Wyse terminal for
installation without any problems, ie will the installation
tools all work fine with just a dumb terminal?

Thanks for any advice, I'm looking forward to getting
this project going (I used to run 2.2.5, haven't used
FreeBSD in a while!).

Chris Conn
cmcbsd@yahoo.com