Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2011 16:48:50 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Bahman Kahinpour <bahman.linux@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Debian GNU/kFreeBSD

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 11:23:04AM +0000, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 15:51:46 -0800
> Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> wrote:
>
> > 	I haven't heard anything about somebody picking up the idea on
> > 	integrating Debian Linux and FreeBSD, so unless Zeus stabbed
> > 	hisself in the back while about to hurl a lightening bolt,
> > don't worry.
>
> http://www.debian.org/ports/kfreebsd-gnu/
>
> --
> Bruce Cran

	WEll, now that my telco modem/router is working--the old one died
	after three years of wierdness--I checked out the URL.  I am in
	your debt, Sire.

	I'm glad that some folks have picked up the idea after all this time.
	Keeping the ports tree current here on my server is a huge time sink
	and why I run Ubuntu as a desktop.  --Ubuntu is << flawless; the
	festival and ktts* stuff fails.  On my EEE-900A pure Debian just-
	works.  ---Still. in a few more years I may switch back to Deb/FBSD,
	:_)

	Yum//kk; i just chewed down 17 pain pills, and whilst i'm still
	rambling, a question that I have had for years:: what amination
	utility is it that makes video apps work on linuc but FBSD doesn't
	have?  (I was just able to watch Frontline.  It was plug'n'play on
	my Desktop, but nogo on my server.)

	gary

	PS: to the others onlist who wrote off:: emails be comin' roundthe
	    mountain.

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 7.98a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php