Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 13:55:57 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   About the Apple-Microsoft Deal

Quoting from the cover page of TIME, 18 August 1997:

    "Bill, thank you. The world's a better place"
    - Steve Jobs talking to Bill Gates by cell phone last week about
    saving Apple.

My god.
I don't know if I should laugh or if I should cry.
My "stream of consciousness" :-) about it:
- George Orwell's 1984. How long do we have to wait? 2004 ?
- Phil Zimmermann's PGP. Thanks Phil for your battle. I'm afraid we
  will need it. Yes, I know, european countries (I'm from Italy) are
  inventing things as dumb (or should I use another adjective?) as the
  US Clipper.

Hmmm, maybe I just had a nightmare. I hope I'll wake up soon in a
sunny world where the only Big Brother is the network utility
(http://www.iti.qc.ca/iti/users/sean/) ;-)

Marco Molteni
Computer Science student at the Universita' di Milano, Italy.
"This snakeskin jacket symbolizes my individuality and belief in personal
 freedom".