Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 18:17:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Art Meacham <artmeacham@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dual boot problem

Hi, I hope this problem hasn't been covered to death
before, as I'm something of a newbie.  I currently
have win2000 set up on my primary master, and I just
installed freeBSD 4.2 using the entire primary slave
drive.

The installation seems to have otherwise gone well,
but whenever I reboot after using freeBSD I find that
my primary DOS partition has been made "inactive" and
I can't boot from hard disk.  Using a floppy, I then
have to run DOS fdisk and set the drive as active
again.

After doing this, everything works fine -- until I run
freeBSD again, after which I have to repeat the whole
process.  I've tried reading the online docs and
messing with the sysinstall utility, but I can't seem
to find the problem.  If anyone out there can help, I
would hugely appreciate it.

Thanks,
Art