Date:      Sun, 5 Jun 2005 15:46:25 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        fbsd_user <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: security/ppars-1.0 has dependency list errors

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 03:21:49PM -0400, fbsd_user wrote:
> Trying to install the security/ppars-1.0 port under 5.4.
>=20
> Get these errors.
>=20
>=20
> # /usr/ports/security/ppars >make clean
> ppars-1.0: "/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8" non-existent -- dependency list
> incomplete
> ppars-1.0: "/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8" non-existent -- dependency list
> incomplete
> ppars-1.0: "/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8" non-existent -- dependency list
> incomplete
> ppars-1.0: "/usr/ports/net-mgmt/p5-Net-Netmask" non-existent -- dependency
> list
> incomplete
> ppars-1.0: "/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8" non-existent -- dependency list
> incomplete
> =3D=3D=3D>  Cleaning for ppars-1.0
> # /usr/ports/security/ppars >
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Now 5.4 installs perl 5.8.6_2 as part of the fresh install process and
> p5-Net-Netmask was installed as a package because its so much easier and
> quicker.

That's not what is being reported here.  The port directories exist if
you have a complete ports collection, which is the only supported
configuration.

> pkg_info shows both those dependencies as being there on my system.
>=20
> There really should not be any dependency for perl because it's on all
> FreeBSD systems

No it isn't.

> There is also a install instruction file that is suppose to display after
> install is complete which is not happening, but I see it out there.

You haven't installed the port, only cleaned it.

> Could the committer who committed this port please correct these problems=
 as
> the problems where not present in the original make file submitted?

Did you consider that your submission may have been incomplete?

Kris
--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv--