Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 23:20:52 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hubs@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        re@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.5 RC2 / i386 available

  Brian was able to fix the biggest known issue with RC1 so we have
another release candidate ready for testing.  RC1 is still on
ftp-master so that it doesn't immediately disappear from all of the
ftp sites in case some poor sap is in the middle of downloading it
over a modem or something.  We will delete it from ftp-master in a
week.  If you are short on space, you can delete the RC1 ISO and FTP
install directory from your site.  The packages directory is the same
for RC2, so definitely don't delete that.  An Alpha build is currently
transferring and should be available soon as well.

  Unless any major issues crop up, we'll wait the customary week
before releasing another candidate.

  As usual, please send me a quick note when your site has the bits
and I'll send out the announcement.

    Thanks,

     - Murray