Date:      Tue, 07 Apr 1998 19:38:14 -0700
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        david.myers@Corp.Sun.COM
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba 440CDT: ep0 problems...

david.myers@Corp.Sun.COM writes:
    I've tried a range of IRQ values; currently I have settled on
    IRQ 7 and port 0x300.  (The lpt0 driver was disabled.)  This
    matches the settings specified in my kernel config file.  Here's
    /etc/pccard.conf:

The driver may be disabled -- but the printer port isn't!  That may be
part of the problem right there.

As I recall, an IRQ of 11 (maybe it was 10) works fine on a 430CDT.
Heck, try several of them until you find one that works.