Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:15:19 -0500
From:      Normand Leclerc <nospam@ele.etsmtl.ca>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec 2940UW booting problems

Hi,

    Lately, I added a cdwriter to my scsi bus (2940UW adaptec card on
164sx system).  It is a yamaha 8424.  Since then, my scsi bus is having
difficulties: it gets reset way too often (sometimes 3 times one shot!)
as if there was a termination problem.  I checked the terminations,
changed the cable and I still get the problem.  It is weird since uppon
system reset, it never resets twice.  Only SRM and loader do it.

    It is as if the bus was reset too fast.  When it gets reset twice,
scsi bus poling fails and I get only two devices (dva0 and pka).   Has
anyone else seen this problem.  I'm about to change the card for a 2940
to see if it's the card but I just wanted to know it this problem has
been seen.

Normand Leclerc
leclercn@videotron.ca