Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 1997 08:03:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Michael Hallgren <hallgren@viking.easynet.fr>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CD audio -- Problem

Hello,

I'm trying to make my FreeBSD machine sing...

Facts : I'm using a Mitsumi FX400G CD drive (atapi, ide) on a FreeBSD
2.2.2 system.

I've got no problem at all to mount a data CD :

mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0a /cdrom

but when I try to mount an audio CD using xmcd, my system complains that
the device (wcd0a) isn't of correct type. Ok, I thought... and tried to
use the rmcd0c device. But this results in an error: "Cannot open device,
error=6".

Please, gimme a hint ;-)

Cheers

Michael