Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 22:22:25 +0200
From:      Patrik Stridvall <ps@leissner.se>
To:        "'Gerald Pfeifer'" <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>, Alexandre Julliard <julliard@lrc.epfl.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: PATCH: wine/dlls/wininet/ftp.c

[I am sorry for taking so long to answer.
I didn't have time to look into it when
I got the mail and then I forgot about it]

> This patch is required to compile current Wine on FreeBSD 3.4.
>
> 	#include <sys/types.h> before <sys/socket.h>.
>
> In general I believe that, as soon as anything from <sys/...> is
> included, <sys/types.h> should come as the very first. (Do you
> agree, Patrik?)

Yes. AFAIK the man pages of for at least some functions on some systems
specifies that #include <sys/types.h> should be included first,
so even though it is not nessary in most cases, I can't imagine
any case that is hurt by it, so if there exists systems that
really needs it we might as well always do it.