Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2013 14:30:53 -0400
From:      "Glenn McCalley" <glenn@bnetmd.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   how to tell which process call sendmail

So, some idiot is using a cgi or php or something to send mail out of his
website that he shouldn't be sending.  With a bunch of sites on the server,
can't tell who.

System accounting can tell me that sendmail was executed 32,976 times, but
is there a way to tell what process /file name called it each time?  Since
it's always called by the www user that doesn't help -- I need to
distinguish between legit processes that call 5 or 10 in a day and the idiot
who calls the other 31,000 times.

Thanks!
Glenn.