Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 20:40:47 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Development Projects

Archie Cobbs scribbled this message on May 5:
> Isn't there a project to clean up & abstract device drivers
> from the bus architecture of the device? That would make the
> same driver work well whether PCI, ISA, PnP, .. or whatever?
>
> If not, shouldn't there be? :-)

yep, and that's what the new bus/device code is for...  but I haven't
created a web page for it (besides the spec), so there really isn't a
url for it...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                      Modem Rev/FAX: +1 541 346 9237
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD
	    Don't trust anyone you don't have the source for