Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:11:17 -0800
From:      Graham North <northg@shaw.ca>
To:        samwun@telpacific.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: embedded system based on FreeBSD

--=======AVGMAIL-437AA3552700=======

Sam:
Great question!
When you say embedded I think of industrial controls, instrumentation or
robotics - is that what you want? or a single board desktop or server?
I recently purchased an Asus K8V MX - an AMD based matx.   Unfortunately
I cannot yet tell you how the install went because it got stalled by
other autumn household chores - soon...!   From my homework it looks as
though both the video and SATA are supported.  I am not sure about the
NIC.   It has a few nice features (particularily for a low throughput
home server) - if you use a Sempron 3000 or up then you can utilize the
"Cool 'n Quiet" feature which will dial back your CPU to less than 1/2
power.   It also has automatic fan speed control for CPU and chassis fans.
Caveat emptor.  Take a look at the specs yourself to verify your comfort
zone from X.org etc.
Cheers,  Graham/

Vancouver,  Canada.