Date:      Sun, 07 Jun 1998 13:08:52 +0200
From:      "Christoph Prevezanos" <Christoph.Prevezanos@post.uni-bielefeld.de>
To:        dima@zwb.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot Error

Hi Dima!

>> I had such a problem before, too.
>> Did you put a # before every unused ethernet-card in the kernel?
>> I experienced this problem on some of our servers.
>> If there is more than one in the kernel I got lots of misleading error-messages
>> telling me very unusual errors.
>> Now there is only "ed0" and everything works fine.

>Note: if they just installed their system, they havn;t touched the kernel
>config file :-)

I know but I experienced that it is sometimes better to deactivate some components before booting the system. Usually you get this window (boot, edit kernel etc.). Just delete non-available cards and then start the booting-process.
I did not have any prob with 2.2.2 but with 2.2.6 this cards-problem apeared on many of our servers.

Greetings,

Christoph Prevezanos, Germany