Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 07:22:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        hsu@cs.hut.fi, rashid@haven.ios.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: S.O.S -2.1Stable and ASUSP54TP4

> I've seen  SCSI devices hang the scsi bus so solidly that they freeze the
> SCSI adapter just as solid half way through a DMA....
> EVERYTHING stops..

I have something here in the office that will assert the SCSI reset line
and never release it if you do an inquiry before the device
is fully initialized.  This freezes up the 1542 during boot.

This device has an embedded PC in it and it is the
power up firmware in the host adapter that loses so badly,
making it a little forgiveable on the device vendor's part.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936