Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 18:14:16 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with gdb 5.2 from ports

Hi,

As you have requested, I installed devel/gdb52 port on my -current
system and gave it a try. It works most of the time, but I've noticed
that breakpoint set to a finction in a shared library doesn't work, at
least for libraries which have no debugging info compiled in (I have
not tested it with ibraries with debugging info yet). This can be
easily verified by seting up break point to some function in libc and
then executing binary which calls this function in debugger. It worked
just fine in old gdb.

-Maxim