Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 14:13:13 -0800
From:      Alex Obradovic <aobradovic@ballantyneinc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Software on FreeBSD (Has FBSD4.4 grown up yet)

> times. If you are comparing FBSD to Redhat, there is no comparison, redhat
> is head and shoulders above FBSD when it comes to ease of use. Stick with
> redhat.

Is this really true? I never used Red Hat, but I am pretty happy with
the ease of use of my FreeBSD. When you say 'ease of use' do you mean 'ease of
setup'? I can hardly imagine that a RedHat with KDE would be any
easier to use than FreeBSD with KDE.

I read about Amazon switching to Red Hat to save 30% of their
software costs. Couldn't they have done it with FreeBSD also? The end
user of the system would not be doing the setup anyway, so the 'ease
of setup' would affect the administrator only.

I am just puzzled since I am still trying to find a business problem
that I can NOT solve with one of the applications that come with
FreeBSD. I am certainly not talking about games here.

The statements such as the one above in my opinion can just hurt
FreeBSD image, since if I came across this post while I was choosing
a new OS, I probably would have considered the other OS instead of
FreeBSD.

Alex