Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:53:27 +0200
From:      Lonewolf <lonewolf@apotheosis.za.org>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: atapi cd-rw support

On Mon, Sep 28, 1998 at 04:28:00PM +0100, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> I have compiled them on a 2.2.6 system although am diffing sources against
> -stable cvsupped today. Apart from "patch" complaining for malformed diffs
> (I have hand-edited them) the only problem you _might_ have is in the ioctl
> "cmd" argument (acdioctl).

I'm running with -STABLE cvsup'd from Friday, and am using the acd device for
my HP8100 ATAPI CD-Writer, but it gives me an error when I try and fixate the
disk:

--- fixate 1 ---
wormcontrol: ioctl(WORMIOFIXATION): Input/output error

Is there any know workaround for this?  The CDR can read the CD fine, but no
other CD-ROM's will unless I "close" it using a utility on my NT workstation
(which I'd prefer to avoid).

TIA

--lonewolf@apotheosis.za.org
  http://apotheosis.za.org