Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:11:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MySQL access problems

I just compiled/installed the Mysql port.  Everything appears to work except
for the access control stuff.  I can't figurew out how to set it up so that
I can use it.

According to the documentation it is supposed to install default access
that will allow root to access anything.  All I can get is :

ERROR: Access denied for user: 'root' (Using password: YES)

Note: It says it is using passwords, yet from what I can tell there are
no password in the access database.

BTW I am running version 3.20.30b and am running it on a copy of -CURRENT
from about a month ago.

Anyone have any clues?

--
Keith Mitchell					Head Administrator: acm.vt.edu
Email: kmitch@weenix.guru.org			PGP key available upon request