Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:21:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Philipp Huber <uebs@gmx.at>
To:        Agustinus Suko B <cempaka@cabi.net.id>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: sharing internet

On 11-Sep-00 Agustinus Suko B wrote:
> Hi dear,
> I am newbie and want learn about FreeBSD. So I am tried to install
> FreeBSD to my PC and success like i known. I want configure FreeBSD
> to become server on my LAN. The client using microsoft Windows 98.
> My question :
> 1. How I can connected my client to server ? What configuration to
> mus I do

you have to install tcp/ip in windows 98, and give both computers
ip-adresses. after that you should be able to connect via ftp, telnet,
ssh, etc.
i'm sure the manpage of ifconfig will help you, but you it's also
possible to set up network interfaces with /stand/sysinstall.

> 2. How I can sharing Internet from my server ?
take a look at ipfw.
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/firewalls.html may help you as well.

Philipp