Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2002 20:25:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <wayne@penguinpowered.org.uk>
Cc:        rene@xs4all.nl, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what is a good language for system administration?

On 19 Jan 2002, Wayne Pascoe wrote:

> rene@xs4all.nl writes:
>
> > * checking if a remote host is up
> > * pumping files & RAM data through external tools
> > * calling scripts written in the same language on a remote machine, to
> >   'pickup' data that was pumped to that machine by a local script.
>
> Perl was written with sysadmin work in mind. That was the original

Perl is a hideously ugly language that should be taken out and shot. Since
your soliciting opinions :-) Python is a much easier, cleaner, and nicer
language for sys admin tasksfor me then perl.

-Chris Watson         (816) 464-7780 | Sr. Unix Administrator
Work:           chris.watson@twa.com | Trans World Airlines, Kansas City, MO
Home:              scanner@jurai.net | http://www.twa.com