Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:42:15 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        Paul Orr <Paul.Orr@jetsam.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd....kill me please

Where do you go to even get enough information to start?  The man page
sux^H^H^H is horrible.  I want to use amd to automatically mount CDROMs and
floppies.

Doug Barton wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Paul Orr wrote:
>

> > I give up.  White flag.  Whatever.  I can't get
> > direct mapping to work.  Does anyone have a real life
> > example using AMD under FreeBSD 3.4 that I can steal.  amd.conf and
> > map entries. PLEASE!!!!
>
>         It would be easier to help if we knew what you were trying to
> accomplish. If it makes you feel any better, yes, amd is extremely complex
> to understand/configure, but well worth the effort once you get to know
> it.
>
> Doug
> --
> "Welcome to the desert of the real."
>
>     - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"

PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware
schwenk@math.udel.edu                            |  (302)831-0437 <-NEW!!!