Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 07:57:44 GMT
From:      msmith@iea.com (Mark D. Smith) (by way of msmith@iea.com (Mark D. Smith))
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Good VLB EDIE card for FreeBSD?

Greetings

I've just upgraded to a 486DX4-100 VESA local bus mother board and
dual Western Digital 1.2GB EIDE drives.  Now, I'm looking for a
VLB EIDE card to run them.  My mother board does LBA so I don't
want or need the extra cost of a card that does it.  So, a couple
of questions.  How does the Promise 2300+ (I think) work with
FreeBSD?  I remember seeing some problems people were having but
since I didn't have a VESA motherboard, I didn't pay attention.
 If that's a bust, what's a GOOD VLB EIDE card that has all the
I/O on it with 16550AFN UARTS?

Many Thanks

mark