Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:02:59 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Adam McLaurin <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Warning: Galeon 1.3.8 is buggy (unusable?)

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:37:53 -0400, Adam McLaurin <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
wrote:

> Galeon 1.3.8 seems to have some problems with forms on some websites.
> The problem doesn't seem to occur on everyone's installation (one of my
> boxes is fine, and Marcus's box is fine), but myself and another guy in
> #galeon (GIMPnet IRC) are having the exact same problem.
>
> Essentially, when you fill out a form and submit, the data isn't
> processed correctly. The processing script ends up with no data at all.
> I've reproduced this problem on both POST and GET forms, so it's not
> specifically related to method.
>
> Two websites that are known to cause problems for both of us are:
> http://boston.craigslist.org/nfa/
> http://www.freebsdforums.com/forums/search.php
>
> Anyhow, we're both researching the problem now, and will discuss it with
> the Galeon team tomorrow morning. We both suspect it's a Javascript
> error, but we haven't proven anything definitively yet.

I personal don't think it's JavaScript issue, because the first link
doesn't has any of it. The second page, it has very small JavaScript[1]
and I don't know how it can cause the GET/POST forms problem, since this
only does the refresh job.

[1] <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location">

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.