Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 12:36:38 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: skip port

> > Sounds like the ``BROKEN='' needs to be wrapped by ${OSVERSION}.
>
> Been there, done that, doesn't work.

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
.if ${OSVERSION} >= 4
BROKEN='dev_t issues'
.endif
    .
    .
.include <bsd.port.post.mk>

> Moreover, I thought ports were only supposed to be accurate for -current.. ?

Not in the least.  I am not sure why people think this.  Ports are most
importantly buildable and working for -STABLE, since that will become the
release and we want good packages on the CDROM.

Ports stopped tracking -CURRENT to tracking -STABLE in 1997.  Since
Satoshi now has a build farm, and uses a chrooted build environment,
ports track both (more or less).

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)