Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2021 19:46:35 +0200
From:      Robert Clausecker <fuz@fuz.su>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 32-bit executables on aarch64?

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately, there is no support for running armv7 executables
on arm64, though it would technically be possible to implement.
I myself would really like to have this sort of thing but I lack
the knowledge to have it.  Perhaps someone feels adventurous
enough to look into implementing support for this sort of thing.

For historical reasons, the i386 and amd64 ports of gcc and clang
have a largely shared code base and are essentially the same port.
So options -m32, -m64 can be used to switch between them.  The same
is not possible for armv7 and arm64 which are distinct ports with
little to no shared backend code.  Consider using -target armv7
instead.

Yours,
Robert Clausecker