Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2011 14:26:34 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Arnaud Houdelette <tzim@tzim.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gptzfsboot serial support

Am 01.06.2011 um 10:16 schrieb Arnaud Houdelette:

> Hi.
>=20
> I know that there is 2 versions of boot0 : With and Without serial =
support.

boot0 and boot0sio are FreeBSD's version of the MBR; it's what shows the =
F1..F4 prompt.

> Is it the same with gptzfsboot ?
>=20
> How to build gptzfsboot with serial support, setting serial speed at =
19200 baud ?

Serial support is built by default for boot1/2, loader and it's =
variations.  To change the default from video console to serial, or =
change the speed, see boot(8), and add the appropriate flags to =
/boot.config.

If you only require loader(8) to interact with the serial console, you =
can set loader.conf(5) variables to pick the console and the speed.

Stefan

--=20
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811