Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:43:23 -0500
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@wallnet.com>
To:        "Jeff Jeter" <gsfgf@hotmail.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Webserver

Build (from ports) apache13- modssl, then build mod_php4, and accept the
default config screen (it automatically selects mysql) or !carefully! make
addirions (like postgresql, if you are interested) or just accept the
default, it includes mysql.

The port will both build and install the mysql server and client along with
apache (and give you a few hints on how to make php(4) to work).

I used this approach to build both apache and MySQL on the production servers
at work, and it works like a dream --unless you get a bit greedy and select
too many options from the php4 config screen:  and if you do, just try again,
the working combination is a beauty to behold.

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT