Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:22:34 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        "Gene Sokolov" <hook@aktrad.ru>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: List maintanence question.

At 12:31 PM 9/30/99 +0400, Gene Sokolov wrote:
>Unfortunately I have to use MS Outlook Express. It's brain damaged. It can't
>parse headers beyond "from:", "to:" and "subject:". Don't tell me to switch,
>I can't. The "Subject" seems to be the simplest and the most straight
>forward way of sorting.

"Have to" use it?  That sucks, IMSBO. (IMO + "Strongly Biased" :)

Suggest Pegasus if you *really* want to be able to do custom filters.
Eudora works fine, but only allows 2 criteria.  Pretty sure Outlook only
allows one.  Try to forget Outlook, which does not do APOP and has
irritated me for years.

Daneil's suggestion on using the sender: is the best way or if there is a
"any header" check.  The former is consistant with every list.  The latter
works and should grab direct replies as well.

Or use multiple accounts.

Don't think jmb is going to change things for a M$ mail client problem.

>From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
>> On 30-Sep-99 Gene Sokolov wrote:
>> >  The scripts can be made simpler if a [freebsd-stable] is added to the
>> >  beginning of Subject line of every message posted on the list.
>>
>> Use the Sender: header to filter your mail instead.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve
'86 Yamaha MaxiumX (not FBSD powered)