Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 21:37:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <cagey@kevin.sunshine.net>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@keystone.westminster.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OS's...

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Kevin Eliuk wrote:
> > Check out comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc Re: BSDi Pricing.
>
> As far as I can see, all that has is griping about the price.  What about
> performance/power/versatility/support/blah, independant of price?
> I'm trying to convince someone who's been using BSDi for a long time, and
> is now considering FreeBSD because of the price hike.  If I can explain
> some good examples of why FreeBSD would be better from a technical
> standpoint, then he will go for it.  He is presently a professor here at
> Westminster, and next year at Goucher, so it could be a plus for FreeBSD
> in the University category.
> Just a thought...

And a freegin good one at that :-)

> :-}  MAtt

The letter in the string that gave me warm fuzzies I've clipped from:

	"The other serious problem they face(BSDi) is the lack of any
	real value-add to BSDI other than tech support.  When you compare
	FreeBSD to BSDI, what few differences there are technically
	insignificant. And what they want extra money for tech support
	wise, most FreeBSD'ers can get help for on the USENET for free."

				    Matt Dillon <dillon@flea.best.net>

Best of luck,

   "quod nibil illi deerat ad   |  \    kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net     /  |
    regnandum praeter regnum"   |    \	     Kevin G. Eliuk        /    |