Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 22:10:48 +0200
From:      oli <olner@gmx.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Used Laptop

Greg Smith <freebsd_mail@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Trackpoints are my favorite, but it should be noted that some laptop
> manufacturers who include both trackpoints and touchpads put the
> "mouse" buttons in a position which is nice for the touchpad but a
> painful stretch for the trackpoint, reducing the advantage of keeping
> your hands on the keyboard.

A true zen saying.
For approx. 23 hours i am owner of a 770 Thinkpad, Model 9549. The
layout of trackpoint, mousebuttons, keyboard seem to be near to
perfect for me - so far.

Thanks to all the answers from the list, you made my decision:

- 14.1 display
- 160M RAM
- 3(!) harddisks (1.08M, 5.1M and 8.1M) (8.1 has complete, unspoiled
  install of w98 with all devices working)
- Floppy
- CDROM
- 2(!) mains adapters
- cute, black little mouse
- modem cable, PS2-splitter adapter, more cables...
- all the documents ever provided (in german language, including
  win95 license)
- amounts of CDroms and Floppies with drivers and stuff
- battery that lasts for hours (sigh...)
- huge leather bag ("IBM" written on every zipper)
- price: reasonable - bargain

I like it!

Freebsd is running fine already on 5.1M disk, except sound. ;)

> Do You Yahoo!?

No, should I?

Cheers, oli