Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 1995 23:40:56 -0700
From:      patl@asimov.volant.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp.config question

If I want to have two PPP connections active at once, one as the
primary, and the second as a link to a specific network; what do
I put on the 'add' line in ppp.conf to indicate that the second
connection is to be the primary route to that net only?

My guess would be:  'add HISNET MASK HISADDR'; but would HISNET
be right-padded with zeros for the host part, or truncated to the
net part only?  (The examples all use 'add 0 MASK HISADDR'.)

And what's the best way to configure so that the second link isn't
automatically brought up when I'd rather go through the primary link?
(Sometimes I want to access the second network via my primary connection,
sometimes through the direct connection.)

Thanks,
-Pat