Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 00:43:12 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jb@cimlogic.com.au (John Birrell)
Cc:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au, jb@cimlogic.com.au, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu, tlambert@primenet.com
Subject:   Re: Thread calls

> > It sounds like it has turned into a defacto standard for determining
> > the thread version on the system though :(
>
> It's a Terry standard. Doh!

So long as all of the differences or none of the differences between
Draft 4 and Draft 10 are addressed, atomically, I would agree.

What's the status of the "attr" argument to pthread_create in -current?

Is it Draft 4, or is it Standard?

Etc.?

I think if something is documented as existing in Standard, but not
in Draft 4, then it can be used as a test to determine which one
prevails on a given platform.

Using this test, along with the select and several other changes,
resulted in my patches making LDAP run on 7 platforms where before
it limped in an infinite CPU buzz-loop.

IRIX, for example, shipped with a Draft 4 compliant implementation,
and works via this test.

So it's not just me...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org