Date:      Wed, 27 Apr 2011 23:39:46 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Helmut Schneider" <jumper99@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: correct way to setup gmirror on 7.4?

Michael Proto wrote:

> What I ultimately decided to do was use fdisk in interactive mode to
> manually align 2 4k-boundary MBR partitions

Correct me if I'm wrong but from my point of view there is no need to
fall back to MBR partitions. GPT partitions should be at least as
robust as MBR partitions are if not even more (e.g. because of using
CRC). We are still talking about /possible/ issues with /one copy/ (of
two) of the GPT - MBR doesn't even have a backup copy nor uses CRC.

And if you are still concerned run 'gpart backup $disk/$partition(s)'
before your regular backup - one should do so anyway.